Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Best Style for CAF?

So I finished a Sambo fighter, and I really do like him but the chin.....just is too weak. Against these button mashers, I can't block enough.
So, what style do you guys like the most so far?|||I like the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu great in submissions and ground game. Weak chin but you can put points in the stand up game and make it so you can get in small brawls. But fight to your charter's strengths and put points into the weaker areas.|||Boxer does it for me as I can give damage as well as can take it I like to stand up mostly thats my style......
|||I have had good success with MT. If you work the clinch game often it pays off. I got used to striking, clinch strike etc. If you don't clinch much then not worth it and best to go with a boxer.
A career guy has super hand speed with good power, 95 chin, heart, take down defense etc. 100 kick range which sets up flash stuns if you use the range. The 100 clinch control is what makes them dangerous.
No ground game though except mild choke submissions.|||I tried generalist and its pretty good, u wont be better than than somebody in every category, but its guaranteed u will be better in 1 or 2 so gameplan accordingly, i tried kickboxer and its pretty good once u upgrade the ground game. Anybody else notice that on higher diffuculties the computer is pyschic or something? The can block every strike in the clinch and every takedown or clinch attempt.|||I think I am going to try generalist and see how I like it. Seems like the best fit for me because I want to be good in all catagories.|||when i do get the game (soon i hope) my first one will be a brawler great takedown defense and a 99 chin rating|||


when i do get the game (soon i hope) my first one will be a brawler great takedown defense and a 99 chin rating

They gas out fast though.|||Yeah u cant go wrong with the generalist, having a ton of stamina never hurts and not having a weakness is nice too.|||Depends a lot on the weight class I think. My middleweight generalist couldn't take a punch despite maxing out chin and block while my welterweight judoka who also had a maxed out chin could take a beating. Perhaps the difference in punching power at different weight classes had something to do with that. The only complaint I had about the generalist was the lack of kick power, it made getting the spinning back kick and flying knee a really difficult objective without devoting 2 or even 3 entire 8-week camps to increasing foot power and speed.
My first career mode fighter was a welterweight Judoka, and I managed to max most skills and used him online a few times before my system froze and my characters mysteriously disappeared. I loved using my welterweight judoka because I had maxed out my leg submissions and decided to play through career mode in a very Imanari-like manner. This actually worked a few times online, but like I said, system froze while connecting to a match and I lost my CAFs.
I think it only matters depending on how you like to play. I don't think I would suggest any one style for a CAF, they're all pretty good for different reasons. If I were to make a CAF for career mode that I would later use for online, I would probably use a kickboxer or muay thai based-fighter or make similarly strong-chinned base for an entirely leg-lock devoted online fighter.|||Without a doubt the biggest draw back to a generalist is power, but i just try and counter strike as much as possible to negate this. My generalist was a lh and get take a pretty good beating. KB is really good they are just horrible at subs so u gotta stay out of those, the kick power and range is nice however|||I like boxer for someone that can literally do everything except defend subs....I like generalist but as stated above the lack of power can lead to not finishing...which can lead to them getting lucky and rocking you OR a decision fight which we all know once you start a decision fight its going to be close, and scored in a goofy way|||For my next career i want to try a grappler so what is the best between, wrestling, JJ, sambo and jdokas?|||


I think I am going to try generalist and see how I like it. Seems like the best fit for me because I want to be good in all catagories.

I think generalists can be successful in any weight class, as long as you focus the techniques that you learn into whatever you're seeing as your personal natural strengths/abilities. It's extremely hard to beat a guy who is well-rounded enough to hang anywhere the fight could go. I f**king love this game because of this. If you know MMA, you know the game.|||




I think I am going to try generalist and see how I like it. Seems like the best fit for me because I want to be good in all catagories.

I think generalists can be successful in any weight class, as long as you focus the techniques that you learn into whatever you're seeing as your personal natural strengths/abilities. It's extremely hard to beat a guy who is well-rounded enough to hang anywhere the fight could go. I f**king love this game because of this. If you know MMA, you know the game.

Generalists are the weakest type of caf you can make. Even though they are even across the board, the lack of punching power, ground power etc really does show when your playing against an experienced player using a boxing or wrestling CAF. Like i say, they are even in stats in all area, but they have major flaws and weaknesses in all areas aswell.
I stick to what I am best at, either a wrestling CAF or Boxing CAF. I tried a Thai CAF for the first time seriously lastnight and even though the kicks are HW are amazing, the rest of the stats suck! It felt like an uphill struggle even though I hit a 27 fight win streak with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment