Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Money in career mode.

I began to wonder a while back if you actually earn money in career mode. I remember in one of the videos where Bas is being interviewed he said something like "I'm going to use that money you just earned to buy you a ticket to Thailand because you need to work on your thai clinch". I'm not sure if this means you actually choose how you spend your money, or you just earn a certain amount and the game unlocks another training opportunity for you automatically.
I kind of hope the former is true, it would give more importance to how you pick your fights. Picking the bigger fights would obviously get you more money, but they'd be harder to win if you hadn't already learned some of the bigger moves, so you'd have the choice of taking the risk and learning the moves quicker, or staying in the lower leagues winning fights more comfortably for lower paychecks and taking a longer time to build your fighter.
I'd like this type of depth, although I was also wondering if the organisation you fight for affects where you can train, and what skills you can get, i.e choosing Brazil over the UK would probably improve your BJJ and possibly clinch work, whereas in the UK you'd learn better boxing skills, or something like that. Interested to see if anyone can confirm/shoot down any of this.|||Everything I remember hearing and reading led me to believe you actually earn spendable money. In one of the career mode videos it talked about earning money in order to buy the ability to train at Xtreme Couture and the like. Not sure how the whole payment system works though, I'd assume its something like you get a certain base pay depending on which tier of promotions your in and then a bonus if you win and if its a title fight or something.|||I doubt there is a money system in place, but if there is I believe it would just be for fight shorts and stuff. Other than that I wouldn't know except maybe hiring different trainers or for buying a plane ticket to go somewhere else to train.|||


I doubt there is a money system in place, but if there is I believe it would just be for fight shorts and stuff. Other than that I wouldn't know except maybe hiring different trainers or for buying a plane ticket to go somewhere else to train.

There is a monetary system in place and it is for going to train at the different gyms.|||It would be nice if you could use it to unlock new stuff for CAFs such as new tattoos, new fight gear, new hair styles etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment