Friday, April 27, 2012

Learning Catch Punch

I'm having some real trouble with the drill to learn catch punch (where you have to survive for a minute whilst mounted). I've tried blocking, I've tried striking back, I've tried parrying but all to no avail. I even tried reloading for a different training partner! Out of probably 50 attempts, the furthest I've managed to get is 40 seconds in. Being a wrestler, my fighter has very low blocking and chin attributes (37 and 45 respectively) so I know that's not helping but I don't really want to waste weeks of training just to learn 1 special move.
Do you have any tips for beating this drill?
Also, does changing the difficulty via the phone make drills easier/harder? Currently I'm playing on hard.|||the absolutely HARDEST drill there is IMHO. The only thing I've learned to do is watch and kinda get a rhythm on which way to punch and parry accordingly. if you mess up block immediately and wait til its over. it will take time to do this so be patient and keep it up!|||There is a pattern.
I forgot exactly as I have not played career for 3 weeks but I can pass it the second try without getting hit.
To the best of my recollection it is two strikes from one side, one strike from the opposite followed by two hammer fists.
Just look for the pattern, parry the hooks and block the hammer fists. Don't strike back until the very end if needed.|||there is a pattern and I can get this skill fairly early on as I
am good at the game. But you should prolly raise if not max
your chin and blocking then do the drill...you have till your 40th
fight to get the special move. and if u got 34 chin or whatever I wouldnt
even consider anything but raising my blocking and chin immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment